Garage floors can take quite the beating with car, tools, bike and human traffic so why not think about protecting the surface and improving the look and feel with Floorshield by Shieldcoat.
Why should you choose Floorshield over other products?
- It’s hard wearing with excellent durability
- There’s almost no odour, making it safe for confined spaces
- The formula is environmentally friendly and washes up in water
- Contains no harmful solvents so is better for your health
- Available in a variety of colours to suit your home and individual tastes
- Easy to apply, you can do it yourself on a Saturday morning and be relaxing by the afternoon
- Effective on both new or old surfaces
- Cost effective solution as you only need 2 coats
- Fade and scratch resistant to stand the test of time
- Re-coat in just 2 hours
- Have your car on the new surface in just 72 hours
How easy is it to apply?
New and very good condition floors*
- Step 1: Vacuum up any dust that may be on the surface**
- Step 2: Roll on your first coat of your preferred Floorshield coloured or clear choice
- Step 3: Allow to dry for 1-2 hours
- Step 4: Roll on your second coat of your preferred Floorshield coloured or clear choice
- Step 5: Admire your work
- Step 6: Within 12-24 hours you can start walking on the garage again. Try to avoid putting everything back in the garage for 48 hours or more. 24 hours as a bare minimum.
- Step 7: After 72 hours your refreshed floor is ready for the car to go back in the garage.***
Please note if your surface is fairly new but dirty at all (more than dust, any grease etc.) please vacuum and wash surface with a water sprayer, let surface dry completely and then start the above steps.
Older and dirty surfaces
If your floor already has a coating on it and you would like a fresh look, please follow the instructions below with a Floorshield coloured option.
- Step 1: Water blast surface with a high pressure water sprayer at around 1500psi. You can buy or hire these from Bunnings, your local hardware store or your local hire place.
- Step 2: Use degreaser or a cleaning product like Shieldcoat’s Mouldshield C to remove grease, dirt and grime from the floor surface.
- Step 3: Let the surface dry completely – this usually takes 12-24 hours
- Step 4: Roll on the first coat of your preferred Floorshield colour
- Step 5: Allow to dry for 1-2 hours
- Step 6: Roll on your second coat of your preferred Floorshield coloured or clear choice
- Step 7: Admire your work
- Step 8: Within 12-24 hours you can start walking on the garage again. Try to avoid putting everything back in the garage for 48 hours or more. 24 hours as a bare minimum.
- Step 9: After 72 hours your refreshed floor is ready for the car to go back in the garage.***
*Please be advised that you need to wait at least 28 days after concrete has been poured before sealing or putting any coatings on the surface. During this time the concrete is still “green” and it will affect the adhesion results.
**Floorshield has been proven to work very well on clean concrete without the need for acid etching or grinding of the concrete surface. However, all concrete mixtures are slightly different so they will give differing results. If your concrete is extremely smooth, we recommend you test the adhesion for yourself before coating, and then decide if you need to do further preparation.
***How the coating is treated within the first few days after application is the most critical. Products like Floorshield take as long as 7 days to reach full hardness. Therefore, the longer it is left before it gets dirty the easier it will be to keep clean.